Friday, October 7, 2011

4 days, 4 nights

That's how long Kelly was gone when she went on business travel this past week.  It's the first time she's been gone that long since the boys were born, and the first time I've been responsible for all three kids at night for several nights running. 

It actually went really well, I think.  Probably because the boys took the opportunity to give up their night bottles.  They even slept through the night one night (the other nights we had a couple of back-patting sessions, but nothing major).    We went to the mall on Monday, visited friends on Tuesday, went to a meeting on Wednesday and hung around the house on Thursday.   Thankfully I did have a sitter for a few hours on Tuesday and Thursday, which helps my sanity immensely (and allowed me to get groceries done on Tuesday). 

The worst part was definitely bedtime.  I think I need a separate post on what bedtime looks like when you are trying to get three little kids to bed by yourself.  It's special, let me tell you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment