Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Mine, all mine

Yesterday was my first full day back at work. I think it was hard on all of us, especially Lexi. She really needed some time, attention, and snuggles last night, and I was happy to oblige. We played catch with this big orange squishy ball thing, I introduced her to wrestling, and we pretended to be every animal imaginable (to a toddler) swimming under the ocean. It was also good for to just stop and play with her, instead of trying to keep her entertained while getting stuff done. Anyhow, at some point during all that, I gave her a big hug, and asked if she was mine, all mine. Her response, "But Mama would miss her girl!" And then she announces, "But we can shared each other." At this point Angela could no longer resist, and had to come join the snuggles. Then Lexi began giving play by play, "I'm hugging Mommy, Mommy is hugging me, and Mama is hugging both of us." Then Lexi requested a pause (nice adaptation from her cartoon watching) to return to Busiest Little City onNetflix. But it didn't take long for her to stop watching, stand in her chair, and declare, "More family snuggles!" Which we, of course, obliged.

No comments:

Post a Comment